Remember when I posted that I had decided on my veggie garden seeds? Well today I started those seeds, and I have posted the stepwise process below.
1. Supplies I used. I chose organic soil and organic seeds to keep in the spirit of sustainability and supporting our pollinators.
2. Begin by filling the pots with soil, and then wet them all thoroughly before you place the seeds.
3. Plan how you would like to set up the seeds in the pots. I decided to do roughly 4 starter plants for each variety of seed. I then placed a few seeds into each pot and covered them with a little soil, and watered them once more. Don’t forget to label them, or it will be a while before you are able to identify them again!
4. Place the top of the seedling starter dome and find a good place inside, meaning a spot where sun will saturate the seedling dome. Or if you are in a warm climate outside is ok too, just be sure to secure the dome so it doesn’t blow away.
5. Watch them sprout and grow into beautiful starter plants for this year’s veggie garden! Don’t forget to check them for dryness, and remove the dome once the plants have emerged.